It’s so easy to get sidetracked by this world’s day to day activity, the distractions that arise as a busy mom and wife. Full lives being lived and time passing us by. But I don’t want time to slip by and one day find myself far from the Lord and His Word. I’m recognizing the importance of abiding in Him. How very much I need His renewing love and grace every day. I know there is no formula for living this Christian life. It’s a day by day, moment by moment choice to remain in Christ; in His will and in His grace. So what is the secret to staying in Him; staying steadfast? I can only share my thoughts… this closest thing to a formula that I can offer… 5 steps to take, daily.
1. Seek Him. Seek the Lord with your whole heart. Desire to know him more. Spend time with him, in his word, every day.
2. Study. There is so much truth within his Word. More than we can possibly grasp. But the only way we can even come close to understanding how great his love is for us, is to dig in deep to the truth of his word. Deeper. And deeper still. Don’t settle for a shallow understanding, Study His Word.
3. Surrender. Christ taught that the attitude of our heart is what matters most. We can fill our head with information, but if we’re not willing to accept his truth; to surrender our hearts to his will, then our knowledge means nothing. Choose to be fully his; willing to believe him, willing to trust him, willing to accept his will.
4. Be Still. Don’t let the distractions of life keep you from spending time in the presence of God. Be still before Him, every day. Speak to him in prayer, worship him, and listen to his gentle whisper.
5. Be Spirit-led. Respond to his whisper. Our knowledge, our heart, and our actions need to match. We need even more than a surrendered heart, we need a surrendered life. One that is not easily distracted by the nature of our flesh, but one that displays a humble obedience to the leading of the Holy Spirit. The more we seek, study, surrender, and be still before him, the more strength we will receive to continue on the path he leads us.
“Therefore my beloved brothers(sisters), be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.” 1Cor. 15:58
Praying for your steadfast hearts my friends!
Shared from my heart ~ Stacy